Problems scheduling live DVR recording on Verizon.com
BillKerr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try to schedule a DVR recording of a live program via verizon.com TV Listing grid.  A prompt comes up on the TV asking to extend record time.  This requires an answer using the TV remote directly to the DVR.  If this answer does not come quick enough the computer reports the DVR is not responding.  I ran into this when trying to schedule "The 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards" this Sunday evening using the computer interface.

Is there any way around this?

0 Likes
Re: Problems scheduling live DVR recording on Verizon.com
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Billker,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Do you encounter this same issue if you sign into your account at verizon.com  and attempt to record the show going throught the "Manage my DVR" option? From this option select "Record show" and enter the name of the program in the search window. Search for the program and select the record option and that should allow you set the recording with no additional requirements. Please let us know if this helps.

-Francis

0 Likes
Re: Problems scheduling live DVR recording on Verizon.com
BillKerr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Francis,

Thank you for your fast reply.  I tried from Manage my DVR and also from Manage my TV and then selecting Manage DVR.  In all cases it was the same.  If I respond to the question displayed on the TV screen it works.  If I don't respond I get an error.  Trying again gave a message "The selected DVR is in use and not able to accept additional recordings at this time."image

0 Likes