Problems since new STB programming showed up
pnelson703
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi -- 

I live in the Reston, VA area. Since the new programming guide software showed up in the area, I've had lots of STB problems. Some are minor annoyances, like the STB having a delayed reaction to the remote control. Others are more serious, like the box locking up and needing to be reset on a regular basis and the box showing many channels as unavailable.

I have a Motorola box (the black one). I have a friend who lives a couple miles away who has the older silver STB and has experienced the same issues with the new STB software.

Is there a way to get the STB to revert to the older version of its software? I really need to get back to a stable version of the STB operating system so my TV is usable again.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Problems since new STB programming showed up
Hubrisnxs
Legend

unfortunately there isn't any way to switch back to the old software.  Most folks have ironed out any issues they had from it.  The delay in channel changing might be easily fixed if you click menu>settings>video settings>SD OVERRIDE and select off or 480i.  off is the preference, but sometimes 480i could work better. 

For the box locking up and the channels unavailable, those are more serious.  Do all your boxes do that or just one?   

First try doing the auto correct by clicking Menu>customer support>inhome agent > set top box auto correct.  

If that doesn't work, then try pulling the power plug on it about a minute or two. 

Also try to share what model set top box you have.

@pnelson703 wrote:

Hi -- 

I live in the Reston, VA area. Since the new programming guide software showed up in the area, I've had lots of STB problems. Some are minor annoyances, like the STB having a delayed reaction to the remote control. Others are more serious, like the box locking up and needing to be reset on a regular basis and the box showing many channels as unavailable.

I have a Motorola box (the black one). I have a friend who lives a couple miles away who has the older silver STB and has experienced the same issues with the new STB software.

Is there a way to get the STB to revert to the older version of its software? I really need to get back to a stable version of the STB operating system so my TV is usable again.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Problems since new STB programming showed up
JohnCF
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately, we are going to have to wait for another upgrade to address all these new issues like audio dropouts, video drops, stuttering, pixelation, macroblocking and blackouts, STB daily reboots due to channels and dvr playback freezing and unresponsiveness from the dvr, and slow overall responses.

I'm not willing to wait another year for a "possible" rememdy so I am saving my money for a Tivo and will dump the FiOS dvr, which is what Verizon probably wishes we would all do.

0 Likes