Problems with my remote control
Emeraldfire
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I am new to the forums, so if this is the wrong place to post this, forgive me. I have been with Fios for about ten or eleven months and enjoyed it very much so far. However, I recently was having problems with the volume control on my Phillips remote so I changed the batteries. I then tried to reset it to factory settings but unfortunately had no luck.

Originally the problem was that the mute button and volume control weren’t working, so I attempted to reset the remote after replacing the batteries and the television shut off. I tried to turn the tv back on again and it wouldn’t turn on. I noticed that the Set Top Box power button seemed to be working, but unfortunately not the power button on the remote. I have looked and looked but can’t seem to find a power button on my Emerson television to turn it on manually, which is absolutely ridiculous (surely every television has a manual power button, right?)

Anyway, I’m starting to get a little frustrated. I’ve even talked to customer service about this problem and I had no luck on that front, either. I do hope someone in the forums can help me. Please? Thank you for any help you can give.

Mareena

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with my remote control
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please provide more information so someone can help you.
DO NOT INCLUDE PRIVATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Equipment Model Nos. ?
Remote

TV Manufacturer and Mod No.

0 Likes
Emeraldfire
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello and thank you for your help. Actually, I just was able to fix my problem over the weekend. Thank you again for everything, and I wasn’t aware that I was posting any private account information, but I will be careful to not do so in the future.

Mareena

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad you were able to solve your problem.

No you did not post any private info on the original post.

Just a suggestion for any future postings.

Depending on your specific concern at any time this kind of info is helpful to those who are trying to help you.

Equipment Model Nos. ?
Router
Set Top Box
DVR

TV

Software ?
PC Operating System:Ex:Windows 10
Browser: Ex: Google Chrome
Email System: Ex: Outlook

Service Plan ?
Internet
TV
Email

Location ?
County
State

0 Likes
Emeraldfire
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you again for your help, Tom 🙂

Mareena

0 Likes
Allie9

Hi Mareena!

Do you mind sharing how you fixed the issue? I'm having the exact same problem! 

0 Likes
Emeraldfire
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Allie, 

I know that you probably have answered this question already, but I certainly hope that you were able to are solve your remote control issues quickly. I didn’t realize that you had the same problem as I did, because I have not spent much time in this customer support forum. At the time I think I had an Emerson Television, a Motorola 7100-P1 HD
Set-top Box
, and a Philips RC1445302 Remote.

0 Likes