Problems with new FiOS TV app
Loki7

#1 iPhone screenshot = the older FiOS Mobile app.  Note the "Watch on TV" option / icon.  This option is available for ALL subscribed channels, even if you cannot "Watch Here" on the iPhone.  Unlike many other channels, I cannot watch CBS on a mobile device.

#2 iPhone screenshot = the newer FiOS TV app.  Note that there is no "Watch on TV" option for CBS, which is a subscribed channel.

#3 and #4 iPhone screenshots = the newer FiOS TV app.  Channel is NBC, not CBS.  Unlike CBS, I can stream NBC to a mobile device.  Note the "Play on . . ." option on #3 and the "Play on your TV" options on #4.

So, it appears that the new FiOS TV app omits the step-saving option to "Watch on TV" those channels that do NOT stream to a mobile device.  In my case, that means ABC, CBS, PBS and others.  I can use the app to tune a TV to these channels but I have to launch the Remote (icon in upper right corner), navigate to numeric keypad and then punch in the channel number.

imageimageimageimage

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Problems with new FiOS TV app, Part 2
Loki7

Volume Up/Down control does not work with my LG HDTV.  I don't know if this a problem with just my LG HDTV or all LG HDTVs or neither.  The Mute button, however, does work.  This is a problem for both the older FiOS Mobile app and newer FiOS TV app.

0 Likes
Re: Problems with new FiOS TV app, Part 2
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

App can only control STB functions.

So if volume control is set to fixed on STB, then you won't have volume control via app.

Loki7

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, STB is set to "Variable".  I should note that, when incrementing or decrementing volume using the "virtual remote" of the FiOS Mobile app, a horizontal bar, which shows the volume level as you increment or decrement volume,  does appear in the upper right corner of TV.  However, when I click down (-) or up (+) on the volume control button, the real volume does NOT change.  In other words, the horizontal bar shows that volume is changing but, in fact, there is no chanage.  Another clue is this:   Both the FiOS hand-held remote and the LG HDTV remote launch the same visual volume indicator on the TV in the lower right corner.  This visual indicator is NOT the horizontal bar, mentioned above, which appears in the upper right corner of the TV.  I speculate that this 2nd visual indicator is specific to the LG HDTV.  In other words, somehow the FiOS hand-held remote uses the volume control programming of the LG HDTV hand-held remote.

0 Likes
kpark88

Hi Remote doesn’t find my box to use it - won’t workimage

0 Likes
PauletteM1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue.  This just began recently, past week or so.  

@kpark88 wrote:

Hi Remote doesn’t find my box to use it - won’t workimage

Help, anyone.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried rebooting your Verizon router and the STB?

0 Likes
Re: Problems with new FiOS TV app
PaminPA

I no linger have the "watch on STB" option on the app. Also discovered today that some On Demand cintent (like 60 Days In S5) is free on the app but 1.99 an episode on STB. And Ive added/registered my mobile device and rebooted the STB to no avail.

0 Likes