Program Guide

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Program Guide

Message 1 of 7
(2,372 Views)

We just got Verizon service installed, yesterday.  Is there a way to increase the text size on the Program Guide screen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Program Guide

Message 3 of 7
(2,296 Views)

Actually, there is a way to increase the size of the  Guide text. It's done by changing the Program  Guide screen  to SD instead of HD.  Tech. Support talked me through the steps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 2 of 7
(2,348 Views)

No.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 7
(2,297 Views)

Actually, there is a way to increase the size of the  Guide text. It's done by changing the Program  Guide screen  to SD instead of HD.  Tech. Support talked me through the steps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 4 of 7
(2,260 Views)

@wildyugo wrote:

Here's how you do this (it's far from intuitive).

Settings -->TV-->Video Settings --> Graphics Settings

You are then presented with a choice of HD or SD

Select SD

Next you see a screen asking you what kind of TV you have (HD or SD) --- Select SD, EVEN IF YOU HAVE AN HD TV

(if you select HD, your request to display Guide in SD format will be ignored)

It does make the text easier to read, but displays less info. Works for me, keeps me from having to get up and walking to the TV to read the guide.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 5 of 7
(2,260 Views)

I just realized that the original poster was the one who came back and said there is a work around. A gentle suggestion  - when you find a solution it would be nice to share how to do it with others.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 7
(2,231 Views)

djb, Thanks for laying down the steps.  I couldn't remember them, when I posted that there was a work around. 

Spoiler
Smiley Embarassed

@djb wrote:

I just realized that the original poster was the one who came back and said there is a work around. A gentle suggestion  - when you find a solution it would be nice to share how to do it with others.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 7
(1,993 Views)

The directions fixed the text size problem, but I was wondering if there was a way to get the guide & everything else to appear wider, but still keep the larger text size? I hope you understand what I mean. Thanks

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.