Programming TV One Remote to control sound bar

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Programming TV One Remote to control sound bar

Message 11 of 15
(1,954 Views)

I have a Bose sound bar attached to my TV with an optical cable. I just switched to FiOS TV One with the voice remote. At first I could not get my voice remote paired with the Bose sound bar, but I think it was because I didn't try long enough to find the remote code. Using the voice remote, press the play/pause button and the 0 button simultaneously. When the blue light on the remote begins flashing, let go of the buttons. Follow the instructions on the screen to, "Select a new Audio Device Brand". "Bose" was already an option on the next screen. It took me through a few screens, testing if the TV muted and if the volume changed. At first, the the tv muted, but the volume didn't change. I had to select the option, "No, the volume didn't change", several times until the correct remote code was found. Then, finally, the voice remote controlled everything. Good luck!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 12 of 15
(1,948 Views)

Thanks for a very detailed reply 

I got sound bar working, but now want the stupid screen saver deleted before I turn off TV, a Samsung smart 50" one.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor III Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Message 13 of 15
(1,937 Views)

@Ritter197 wrote:

Thanks for a very detailed reply 

I got sound bar working, but now want the stupid screen saver deleted before I turn off TV, a Samsung smart 50" one.

The screensaver never goes away,. Not a feature you can change. Just have to turn off the tv.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 14 of 15
(1,421 Views)

i have the new fios box where you talk into the remote. and i have a LG tv and  a samsung sound bar... hooked up with D ...

i can turn the tv and box on and off , but cant controll the sound bar.. any tip?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 15 of 15
(1,037 Views)

these instructions worked perfect for my bose sound bar.. thanx

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.