Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Programming my remote

malzyx
Contributor
Contributor

Programming my remote

Message 1 of 2
(2,858 Views)

hi i recently got verizon fios and when i program my remote, none of the codes worked, so i tried the method of using the fastforward button until the tv turns off. the tv does turn off and i press ok but when i try using my remote it does not work. am i doing something wrong or is there another procedure to after pressing ok after the tv turns off pressing fastforward

1 REPLY 1
VZ_Lori
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Programming my remote

Message 2 of 2
(2,771 Views)

Hi What remote are you tryng to program? Does it have a big FiOS TV button on it? If so then these are the steps I have in programming the remote when no listed codes work.

1. Turn on the device you want to program into your remote, for example if you are programming your remote to control your TV, then turn on the TV.
  2. Press and hold the device button for the device you turned on in step 1 (DVD, AUX, TV, STB) and press OK. Release both buttons. The mode buttons blink twice.
  3. Press 922.
  4. Point the remote control toward the device you are setting up and press the upper part of the Play button.
  5. Press the Fast Forward button. If the device you are setting up does not turn off, keep pressing the Fast Forward button until the device powers off. (You can use the Rewind button to go back, if necessary.)
  6. When the device powers off then you've found the correct code for that device. Press OK to assign the code in your remote control.

There are over 200 possible combinations so you may have to fast forward thru many before finding one that turns of your TV etc.

You will know you are at the end of the list because the entire remote will flas twice.

I hope this helps!

Lori
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title