Programming the Remote for other functions
Kickstand

I briefly looked through the manual for the Fios TV remote and didn't see an answer to this question.  I was wondering if it was possible to program the remote for additional functions other than just TV on/off.  I'd love to be able to add the "sleep timer" functionality of my tv's remote to the universal remote so I don't need to use two remotes.

Also, what are the A B C D buttons at the bottom of the remote for?

0 Likes
Re: Programming the Remote for other functions
Justin46
Legend

@Kickstand wrote:

I briefly looked through the manual for the Fios TV remote and didn't see an answer to this question.  I was wondering if it was possible to program the remote for additional functions other than just TV on/off.  I'd love to be able to add the "sleep timer" functionality of my tv's remote to the universal remote so I don't need to use two remotes.

Also, what are the A B C D buttons at the bottom of the remote for?

Sleep Timer: Pretty sure it is not possible, have never seen anybody post that they have done so. None of my TVs has a sleep timer so I have no way to test.

A- D buttons: When using the remote to control the STB, A = Widgets, B, C, D = unused, of course Verizon could implement something in the future. If they do anything when you set the control to your TV (push the TV button) I have no idea, they don't do anything with my Sony TV, doubt they do anything with yours, but you can easily try and see.

Keller, TX 76248

Re: Programming the Remote for other functions
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Justin is quite right. the sleeptimer function is not available on the verizon remote. Button A currently works on the widgets. This was programmed before the "widgets" button was available on the new design remote. The other buttons are for "future upgrades"

If you want all the little modes to work, I.E. sleep timer, SAP, etc. what you need is a universal remote with individual programable buttons ($$$$)

0 Likes