Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Programming tv remote

jschaefer
Contributor
Contributor

Programming tv remote

Message 1 of 2
(1,627 Views)

I'm trying to get the Fios remote to control a new Vizio DVD player.  The code to program it is not in the list in the home pamphlet or the on-line list (which is the same as the printed pamphlet I have.)  Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
Karl_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Programming tv remote

Message 2 of 2
(1,550 Views)

Hi jschaefer -- I'm sorry your unable to find a code to try and program the remote with for your DVD player.  Unfortunately, the remote doesn't support all types of DVD players.  There is, however, a manual code search feature that you can use.  What this will do is force the remote into a search mode and will go through all the available codes for the devices (approximately 300 codes).  The directions to do this are:

WHAT IF NONE OF THE CODES WORKED?

If none of the codes worked, try the following procedure:

1. Turn on your DVD player.

2. Press and hold the DVD button.

3. While holding down the DVD button, press OK.

4. Release both keys. The Device Keys will blink twice.

5. Press the numbers  9  -  2  -  2.

6. Point the remote at the DVD player.

7. Press Press the PLAY button (right pointing triangle in the middle of the remote).

8. Press the FAST-FORWARD button (two right pointing triangles) . Every time you press the remote sends out a new power-off command to the TV. Keep pressing until the TV turns off.

9. When the DVD player turns off, you have found the right code. Press the OK button.

If after this process the DVD player will not work, we unfortunately don't have a code for its use with the remote. 

If you have any other questions or need any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me by replying to this post or by sending me a private message.

Thanks --

Karl
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title