Programs freeze and skip regularly
Micsap
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Fios TV freezes for a second or two about every five minutes, no matter what I'm watching. It seems pretty consistent. It makes it difficult to enjoy TV. It's especially annoying when the skip happens right before a punchline of a joke and it skips past it, or an important comment on the news gets lost to a skip. Depressing. It's been doing it for a long time. I keep waiting for an update or something but it never goes away. Sometimes it goes 10 or 20 minutes without happening but much of the time it's every 5 or 10 minutes. The DVR box is ARRIS VMS1100 Verizon 

0 Likes
Re: Programs freeze and skip regularly
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have an IPC as well?

Does it happen with  both recorded and live programing?

0 Likes
Micsap
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it's just during playback on the recorder because 99% of the TV I watch is recorded on the DVR. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try watching something for 15 min or so live.

See if that skips.

And do you watch direct on DVR?

Or via IPC?

0 Likes
Murf715
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same problem. The problem started after I "upgraded" my router, DVR & set boxes to Quantum. The freeze occurs on live tv & playback. It happens on all the tv's. A technician came but the problem was not fixed. Was your problem resolved? If so, please share how.

Micsap
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine has never been resolved. FIOS has always froze and skipped on live and recorded shows. We thought it might be a internet speed issue so we upped our speed. Didn't help. Nothing's helped. It skips about every 15 or 20 minutes, a few times during every show. Rarely we see an entire program with no freezes. Freezes last two or three seconds and programs resume normally. Unfortunately, when it comes to watching sitcoms, it usually freezes right at the punchline of a joke! We've tried everything from unplugging, updating, restarting, troubleshooting, we've even swapped out DVRs. It's FIOS' signal. It's done it at two different addresses in the same metropolitan area. 

0 Likes