Purchase PIN is insufficient: How can ALL on-screen purchasing be blocked ???
jdardell

I set a parental PIN and purchase PIN on my set top box.  And it does block pay-per-view items.  But it does not seem to block out channel subscriptions.

I want to disable ALL on-screen purchase options.  Is there any way to accomplish this?

0 Likes
Re: Purchase PIN is insufficient: How can ALL on-screen purchasing be blocked ???
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I thought the use of a purchase pin would block out all purchases.   You're pretty confident the check mark is next to use purchase pin?   

in order to block all you can do a combination deal.  you can go through one by one to find the channels that require a subscription, jot em down on paper, and then block the channel individually through "control channels" on the parental control menu -   so find what channel playboy is on for example, and then block the two channels individually,  if you don't subscribe to premium stations you can block those out as well by channel. 

so it can be done, it just sounds like it's a little more work than what it "should be"  

one would think if you said purchases require a purchase pin, that it would include subscriptions.   

0 Likes