Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

QIP-7100 1 keeps turning off

rothwells
Contributor
Contributor

QIP-7100 1 keeps turning off

Message 1 of 2
(610 Views)

Hi.  I hope someone can help....  ever since the 1.9 software was downloaded to my two cable boxes, my two QIP 7100-1's randomly turn themselves off for no apparent reason. 

I saw another forum entry on this and it was blamed on overheating.  These have no obstruction on them at all, and they worked for almost two years just perfectly BEFORE the 1.9 software was installed.  This turning off problem has only started since 1.9

I have look everywhere in the setup menu for some kind of auto turn-off setting, but it doesn't exist.

Do I now have defective boxes?  Do I need to get verizon to come out with two new boxes?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: QIP-7100 1 keeps turning off

Message 2 of 2
(575 Views)

The boxes you have are not defective. Boxes are exhibiting this since the 1.9 update, some more frequent than others. The next patch update will address this.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.