QIP 7100 questions
hochd
Enthusiast - Level 2

using the QIP 7100 -- two questions:

(1) any way to make it display the time on the front panel?

(2) what is the IR remote code?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: QIP 7100 questions
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Motorola codes are not keyed to specific model numbers. And the codes listed in your manual are unique to your remote (manufacture), Codes for Motorola on a Logitech Universal remote for example are different from the codes used by an Audiovox Universal remote.

Unfortunatly the only way to find out is to try them one at a time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@hochd wrote:

using the QIP 7100 -- two questions:

(1) any way to make it display the time on the front panel?

(2) what is the IR remote code?

Thank you.

1  If you have the QIP 7100-2.   No. There is no diplay on this box. The new model is a "low power" and "small footprint" STB with no display.

2. IR remote code for what?

hochd
Enthusiast - Level 2

(1)  - Thanks -- i do have v. 2. Appreciated. 

(2) I mean the code you'd put into a universal remote to access the same functions on the QIP as via Verizon's provided remote, which I consider inadequate. In the instructions for the universal remote I just bought, I see a number of Motorola codes, but none specifically keyed to the 7100 so it's going to be a massive exercise in code search unless someone can tip me to the proper one for the 7100....

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Motorola codes are not keyed to specific model numbers. And the codes listed in your manual are unique to your remote (manufacture), Codes for Motorola on a Logitech Universal remote for example are different from the codes used by an Audiovox Universal remote.

Unfortunatly the only way to find out is to try them one at a time.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Regarding the codes for Motorola boxes, if your universal remote doens't list Motorola try General Instruments or Jerrold (both former incarnations of what is now Motorola).

0 Likes
teddy10502

qip7100 and qip7100 p2 with different?

0 Likes