QIP-7100 to computer monitor
Tabrias

I'm trying to connect my QIP-7100 set top box to my computer monitor (model number AL2616W).

I'm using an HDMI>DVI adapter cable for video, and optical out for sound to a separate receiver.  When I plug everything in though, I get no sound, and my monitor shows the "No Signal" message, goes to sleep for about 15 seconds, then flashes the message again, over and over.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I did connect the box to regular TV to activate it, and set the video mode to 720p.

0 Likes
Re: QIP-7100 to computer monitor
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Sounds like your monitor is not completeing the HDMI handshake.  The STB will only enable HDMI when it can perform the HDCP handshake indicating the divice connected to is compliant.

Just a guess.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well that monitor is HDCP compliant in general but it's a dual input model DVI.

So on the front panel there is settings you can change with your monitor.   i think you can choose between analog d-sub and digital dvi.     pull up the manual for it at retrevo.com    and you'll see what I mean,.      try changing that setting. 

see if it helps.

0 Likes
Tabrias

There is one DVI plug on the back, which is what I'm connecting through.

HDCP was what I thought might be the problem, but it's supposed to be compliant.  Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

Also, as a test, I took the cable I bought over to a friends house, and tried connecting his PS3 to his computer monitor, which worked, so I'm sure there's not a physical issue with the cable.

0 Likes