QIP 7200 boxes turning off all the time
ericscottf2
Hi all I've got a couple of QIP 7200 boxes and they're just awful. They constantly turn off. They're hooked into my DVR through component cables. They turn off a lot, sometimes more than once per day. So i get a lot of blank recordings. Yes, there are workarounds for this. But they're not great, and i'd rather solve the main problem. I THINK that they turn off more when they're left on HD content. I switched them to Standard Def thru composite, and told my DVR to only tune SD channels, and i think the problem diminished significantly. Can anyone confirm or deny that VZ turns the boxes off when they're left unattended on an HD channel? It seems conceivable, as one might argue that VZ is doing this to somehow save otherwise wasted bandwidth, but i'm not sure that this is a legitimate reason. If so, is there any workaround (other than keeping them off HD channels)? Hoping someone can help me with this issue, not just ask "why don't you get FIOS dvr"... I've emailed and discussed this on the forums before, but to no good resolution... thanks Eric
0 Likes
Re: QIP 7200 boxes turning off all the time
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the problems these boxes turning off is having. Verizon does not turn them off if they are not being used. Try going through the self resolution on the box by pressing menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Please let us know if further assistance is required.

0 Likes