Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

QIP 7216 STB Fan Noise

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: QIP 7216 STB Fan Noise

Message 41 of 48
(5,097 Views)
This worked! Quieted down after 5 minutes. Thank you
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 42 of 48
(4,361 Views)
I had this issue shortly after an uprade a few months back, but it wasn't constant. Then, over the past 7-10 days, it got worse. I turned it on the other night, and the hard drive and all my settings had been blown away... completely erased! They sent me a new, upgraded STB, which arrived in about 24 hours. It'S unfortunate that I lost all of the recordings on the old box, but nothing can be done about that! I still have everything on the external drive, and this STB has way more storage and I believe a quicker/better processor. Still way better than Comcast, in my opinion.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 43 of 48
(4,288 Views)

Had my QIP 7216 for over two years.  Last night, I called Verizon for a different issue (internet speed) and was talked into a two-year agreement for the souped-up 50/25 Fios package.  Tech said my internet speeds would increase within a half hour and they did, as promised.  My TV wasn't on at the time but when I turned it on this morning I noticed the loud fan noise started.  I tried turning it off and it still kept going. Googled it and came here.  Nothing is working to stop the fan except pulling the plug.  I can't beleive how loud this thing is for a fan.  Just wanted to post to keep the thread alive and document it for the next person.  Going to call them in the morning.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 44 of 48
(4,151 Views)

The fan was intermittantly noisy for the past few weeks. Today it started running constantly. Tried the LCD setting tweak, but that did not make a difference. Called VZ. Customer service said it is a known issue and they will replace. This will be my 3rd DVR they're replacing. Based solely on this thread, it's been a known issue for 2 years, why aren't you being proactive and replacing all the DVR's with hopefully a different brand?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 45 of 48
(4,137 Views)

They do have a different brand. It is called Quantum.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 46 of 48
(4,113 Views)

@Incaguy wrote:
This worked! Quieted down after 5 minutes. Thank you

What worked?  Can't tell what post this reply is referring to.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 47 of 48
(3,880 Views)

well, you can add me to the list of noisy 7216's, just started out of the blue a few days ago.....

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 48 of 48
(3,325 Views)

My QIP 7216 DVR also started running (sounds like the fan) all the time. I saw other posts that said changing the LED display on the box could help. I did that and it did help me (for now).  You might try the following:

Using your Remote Control, go to Menu, Settings, System, Set Top box, LED Brightness, and change the setting to Low. 

Hope this helps.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.