In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
Had my QIP 7216 for over two years. Last night, I called Verizon for a different issue (internet speed) and was talked into a two-year agreement for the souped-up 50/25 Fios package. Tech said my internet speeds would increase within a half hour and they did, as promised. My TV wasn't on at the time but when I turned it on this morning I noticed the loud fan noise started. I tried turning it off and it still kept going. Googled it and came here. Nothing is working to stop the fan except pulling the plug. I can't beleive how loud this thing is for a fan. Just wanted to post to keep the thread alive and document it for the next person. Going to call them in the morning.
The fan was intermittantly noisy for the past few weeks. Today it started running constantly. Tried the LCD setting tweak, but that did not make a difference. Called VZ. Customer service said it is a known issue and they will replace. This will be my 3rd DVR they're replacing. Based solely on this thread, it's been a known issue for 2 years, why aren't you being proactive and replacing all the DVR's with hopefully a different brand?
They do have a different brand. It is called Quantum.
My QIP 7216 DVR also started running (sounds like the fan) all the time. I saw other posts that said changing the LED display on the box could help. I did that and it did help me (for now). You might try the following:
Using your Remote Control, go to Menu, Settings, System, Set Top box, LED Brightness, and change the setting to Low.
Hope this helps.