Re: QIP 7216 STB Fan Noise
Incaguy
This worked! Quieted down after 5 minutes. Thank you
0 Likes
moffett528
I had this issue shortly after an uprade a few months back, but it wasn't constant. Then, over the past 7-10 days, it got worse. I turned it on the other night, and the hard drive and all my settings had been blown away... completely erased! They sent me a new, upgraded STB, which arrived in about 24 hours. It'S unfortunate that I lost all of the recordings on the old box, but nothing can be done about that! I still have everything on the external drive, and this STB has way more storage and I believe a quicker/better processor. Still way better than Comcast, in my opinion.
0 Likes
larrycnb

Had my QIP 7216 for over two years.  Last night, I called Verizon for a different issue (internet speed) and was talked into a two-year agreement for the souped-up 50/25 Fios package.  Tech said my internet speeds would increase within a half hour and they did, as promised.  My TV wasn't on at the time but when I turned it on this morning I noticed the loud fan noise started.  I tried turning it off and it still kept going. Googled it and came here.  Nothing is working to stop the fan except pulling the plug.  I can't beleive how loud this thing is for a fan.  Just wanted to post to keep the thread alive and document it for the next person.  Going to call them in the morning.

0 Likes
jonnyhero

The fan was intermittantly noisy for the past few weeks. Today it started running constantly. Tried the LCD setting tweak, but that did not make a difference. Called VZ. Customer service said it is a known issue and they will replace. This will be my 3rd DVR they're replacing. Based solely on this thread, it's been a known issue for 2 years, why aren't you being proactive and replacing all the DVR's with hopefully a different brand?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They do have a different brand. It is called Quantum.

0 Likes
fxhavko

@Incaguy wrote:
This worked! Quieted down after 5 minutes. Thank you

What worked?  Can't tell what post this reply is referring to.

0 Likes
kuba1

well, you can add me to the list of noisy 7216's, just started out of the blue a few days ago.....

0 Likes
dduncan2012

My QIP 7216 DVR also started running (sounds like the fan) all the time. I saw other posts that said changing the LED display on the box could help. I did that and it did help me (for now).  You might try the following:

Using your Remote Control, go to Menu, Settings, System, Set Top box, LED Brightness, and change the setting to Low. 

Hope this helps.

0 Likes