QIP 7232 2 Component output is only 720x480/60p when HDMI is not in use.
MichaelJx

STB is set to HD channel. When one TV is connected to HDMI the second TV connected to Component output receives signal 1920x1080/60i. When HDMI TV is turned off the component output is only 720x480/60p, the picture has horizontal bars and looks squashed. When HDMI TV is turned back on the component output is back to HD. I went through all setup options and don't see any relevant choices. In hidden menu I have TV Type set to 16:9, HDMI/YPbPr output set to 1080i and 4:3 Override set to OFF. HDMI is set to USER. Is this behavior normal for this STB or am I missing something?

0 Likes
Re: QIP 7232 2 Component output is only 720x480/60p when HDMI is not in use.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you disconnect the HDMI and only use the component, does it work properly?

If so, may be some funny interaction with HDMI handshake while the one TV is off.

0 Likes
MichaelJx

No, it doesn't work. Either HDMI cable unplugged or TV connected by HDMI powered down component output is 480p. Only with "active" HDMI component is 1080i.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@MichaelJx wrote:

No, it doesn't work. Either HDMI cable unplugged or TV connected by HDMI powered down component output is 480p. Only with "active" HDMI component is 1080i.

I also have a 7232 and simultaneously output HDMI and component (and RF for that matter).  When the HDMI source is off I still get 1080i on the component output.  Something is going on on your setup that I do not see.

Are you feeding HDMI to your TV via some sort of AV receiver?  If so, the resolution of the receiver (not the TV) may be being reported to the STB when the TV is off, likely 480p.  That may explain what you're seeing.  If that's the case, you might check your AVR settings for HDMI passthrough.  As I said, I'm not experiencing what you are and I'm passing the HDMI through a Denon AVR X2100W and have no issues with the STB resolution reverting to 480p on the component output when the TV is off.

0 Likes
MichaelJx

Thank you for your comment. In your case probably Denon keeps HDMI "hot" or your STB is somehow different from mine. I connected one TV straight to HDMI and second one to component. In this setup component output is 480p when first TV is off and 1080i when this TV is on. The message on the second TV connected to component is very clear and display is normal with 1080i and squashed with480p.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@MichaelJx wrote:

Thank you for your comment. In your case probably Denon keeps HDMI "hot" or your STB is somehow different from mine. I connected one TV straight to HDMI and second one to component. In this setup component output is 480p when first TV is off and 1080i when this TV is on. The message on the second TV connected to component is very clear and display is normal with 1080i and squashed with480p.

I checked without the Denon AVR and the STB still provides component at 1080i even if the HDMI TV is off.

0 Likes