Re: QIP-7232 impressions....
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

I finally  renamed the old DVR Living Room - Old and renamed IMG-15 (or whatever it was called) Living Room.  I haven't figured out how to permanently remove the old DVR.  I hope one of these days it just disappears.  In the mean time, when I go to the DVR schedule or scheduled programs page I have to click on a pull down to get to the Living Room.  Living Room - Old is still shown as the default.

I've got the same problem -- they received my old box Monday morning, it's now Thurs. evening.  I can work with the old box on my account but I'd rather not (every scheduling, TV listing action defaults to the old box & it goes through trying to find it)!  I'm tempted to call support about this.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I did call support about 24 hours after I had confirmation the warehouse had received my old box.  The support agent told me she was taking the old box off my account.  The next morning it was indeed gone from TV Central and our iPhone/iPad apps.

Give 'em a call.  It's worth the few minutes it takes.

0 Likes
umpnator

Thank you all for the rapid response and suggestions. I clicked the link that you supplied and was greeted by a "Great News" Banner page telling me I was eligible for the upgrade. Upon clicking next, they then proceeded to pull the rug out from under me. 🙂  They apologized and stated they couldn't complete my request at this time. I tried it again just for kicks, but got the same response. I then followed the suggestion to get on the waiting list. So, this is where I am now. Hopefully the wait won't be too long.

Thanks,

Frank

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Ah, OK.  At least you're on the list now.   When you get that link in an email from Verizon you'll be able to complete the steps.  Hopefully the wait won't be too long.

Thanks for reporting the outcome.  It may help others who also want to get on the waiting list.

0 Likes
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

@eljefe wrote:

A "few minutes"!   It always seems to take forever to get someone on the phone, after dealing with the automated menus!  Usually at least 15 minutes of waiting to speak with someone (not that I've called that many times in the past -- maybe 4 for FIOS but I had Verizon phone service before that for over 10 years -- same deal).

0 Likes
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

@bevross wrote:

@eljefe wrote:

Well, gave it a shot & after waiting on hold for 20 minutes found out that there was "nothing they can do" -- I just have to wait!  The support guy even sent a chat message to network support -- same answer?!  My old box did not show up on their account, it only shows up in my online account.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Bummer.  Hope it falls off your online account before Christmas. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
nubetube
Enthusiast - Level 2

With the new 7232, if I change it to a Multi Room DVR will my other HD DVR boxes be able to view the recordings on it?  Or is that a feature that is not live yet?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

not live just yet,   we are hoping for april   june or july time frame. 

0 Likes
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

The old box finally dropped off my online account -- about 5 days after they received the old box.

0 Likes