Re: QIP-7232 impressions....
ortiz34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Last time I sent a box back for exchange (faulty) they took forever to take it off, ended up getting double dipped on my bill for an extra box that month.

Was not happy.

Hoping this box is worth the 40 dollars

0 Likes
Sammy73
Enthusiast - Level 1

To eljefe:

I see you live in Northport....I live in Kings Park.  I "requested" the new DVR by logging into my account through the fiostvcentral site and following the My Tv link, and then to the Set Top Boxes link, and then I clicked on the "Want More From Your FIOS DVR" link and filled out the request for an email to be sent when the 7232 is available.  Is this how you got your email?  I've read all over the forums about people who have had their box for some time now, and especially since you're so close, I can't believe I haven't received an email yet!!  I tried calling the local "presence center" but it doesn't seem that I can go in and swap out my boxes in person.  I had bought a new TiVo Premiere before hearing about Verizon's new DVR and am waiting to send my TiVo back, but I thought I'd have the new FIOS DVR by now!!  

0 Likes
rayminette

I have a question about these new DVR boxes.  Have they added any functionality to watch your recorded programs remotely from a PC?  I read TiVO's have that functionality and I had always hoped to be able to do it with my FiOS DVR. 

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@Sammy73 wrote:

To eljefe:

I see you live in Northport....I live in Kings Park.  I "requested" the new DVR by logging into my account through the fiostvcentral site and following the My Tv link, and then to the Set Top Boxes link, and then I clicked on the "Want More From Your FIOS DVR" link and filled out the request for an email to be sent when the 7232 is available.  Is this how you got your email?  I've read all over the forums about people who have had their box for some time now, and especially since you're so close, I can't believe I haven't received an email yet!!  I tried calling the local "presence center" but it doesn't seem that I can go in and swap out my boxes in person.  I had bought a new TiVo Premiere before hearing about Verizon's new DVR and am waiting to send my TiVo back, but I thought I'd have the new FIOS DVR by now!!  

Yep....we're neighbors Sammy73.  And yes, you've got it right about the process I used to get the new DVR...same as you've done.

The only reason I can think of why I got mine already and you haven't is I sent that request for an email when the 7232 is available months ago, November or December last year.  Hopefully supply will catch up with demand soon and you'll be getting that email that "Your wait is over."

edit:  Sent you a PM with a little more info Sammy73.

0 Likes
umpnator

Hi everyone,

As promised, I am posting with the latest update on my quest to upgrade my DVR here in Staten Island. Thanks to the posters here on this forum, I added my name to the waiting list, and in less than a week I received my e-mail and ordered the new unit. I was a little surprised by the 40 dollar fee, but bit the bullet. I know wait for the shipment and will return my old box to the local store. Thanks again everyone. I will continue to monitor this and other threads, as they are immensely informational and worthwhile.

Thanks

Frank

0 Likes
edge4414

Just received the 7232 but having a problem getting box to respond to genesis 850. All equipment is in a closet and use MRF-250 to communicate. Was setup for Motorola and will work when pointed directly at box but with door closed and in other room get no signal. 

I'm assuming it is location of the RF signal on the front of the box I am missing but just can't find the right spot. Any suggestions?

0 Likes