QIP6200-2 with IMG 1.9 still shows 4:3 Guide and Menu
DKnoles

I haven't been able to find where to change the menu and guide to widescreen. Where is that option located?

Just to be clear, my TV is 16:9 and I'm successfully viewing HD content in a 16:9 aspect ratio at 1080i. It's just the menu and guide that remain 4:3.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: QIP6200-2 with IMG 1.9 still shows 4:3 Guide and Menu
Justin46
Legend

@DKnoles wrote:

I haven't been able to find where to change the menu and guide to widescreen. Where is that option located?

Just to be clear, my TV is 16:9 and I'm successfully viewing HD content in a 16:9 aspect ratio at 1080i. It's just the menu and guide that remain 4:3.

I am pretty sure you cannot get the HD Guide on any of the 6xxx boxes, not enough graphics processing power.I suggest you see if you can swap the box for an newer HD box at a local Verizon store, or via the website.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@DKnoles wrote:

I am pretty sure you cannot get the HD Guide on any of the 6xxx boxes, not enough graphics processing power.I suggest you see if you can swap the box for an newer HD box at a local Verizon store, or via the website.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
DKnoles

That sounds reasonable. Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm not going crazy.

I don't directly access the QIP6200 very often. Until next summer when Google finishes shutting down SageTV I can use the Sage guide and not have to worry about the settop box guide.

0 Likes