QIP6200 Default Settings Reset
Lewandowski
Have a QIP6200 HDTV FIOS set top box. Prior to last upgrade with power off you would press 'menu' and get the internal set top box menu including one to reset the box. With the last upgrade, the standby mode uses the Menu button to wake up the box. I have a Tivo Series 2 connected the the S-Video and Sony LCD to the HDMI. Not seeing HDMI picture but the channel number 'flashes' when I select the HDMI on the TV which shows the TV and box are talking to each other. All has been fine, working for last few years in this configuartion, something changed.  Any ideas of how I can reset the QIP6200 back to factory defaults?
Message Edited by Lewandowski on 05-31-2009 02:29 PM
Message Edited by Lewandowski on 05-31-2009 02:30 PM
0 Likes
Re: QIP6200 Default Settings Reset
Justin46
Legend

It is now: Power ==> Select ==> Menu

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Lewandowski
Thanks, will try
0 Likes
Lewandowski
That got me to the internal set top box menu, thank you. While watching through the Tivo I was able to reset the set top defaults but alas it did not help my HDMI problem. I hooked my Bluray player to same HDMI and all is well so I have to assume the Set Top box HDMI is defunk. Will have to call FIOS service. For now will hook up analog HD cables.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I would suggest one last thing before you call or re-cable. Every once in a while, maybe once every 3 months, I lose the picture on my HDMI connection. When I do, it generally won't come back until I pull the power from the STB, wait 15 or 20 seconds, and plug it back in. That has always gotten the HDMI output to work again for me. I think it would be worth a try if you have not already done that.....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes