QIP7100-1 IR Remote Input - what "eye" extender do I get?
RDJim
Contributor - Level 1

The installer told me that I could place my QIP7100-1 in the basement and run HDMI cable to the TV along with an "eye" extender than plugs into the "IR Remote Input" on the back of the unit.  This way I don't need that big box in my kitchen, only the little eye extender.  Problem is he couldn't give me a vendor or part number for such a device.  Anyone know of the exact thing that will work with this box?  It looks like an eight inch jack input.  I've seen things like this 

Next Generation 3-EYE Infrared Remote Control Extender Emitter Cable

but I'm not sure that's it.  I don't need three eyes and I'm pretty sure I'm looking for a "receiver" not an "emitter."

I've also seen these wireless devices but don't suspect I need that or any delays in signal passage associated with the hand off of signals between receivers and emitters.  Just a simple hard wired eye extender is what I think I need.

Any pointers would be appreciated...link to vendor a bonus.  Thanks!

Jim

0 Likes
Re: QIP7100-1 IR Remote Input - what "eye" extender do I get?
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey if you can send us a private message with the home # or the name on the account we can ship IR extender to you.

0 Likes
mdesus

Hey how can I get one of these as well?  I would like to place my box ina more convenient location than in front of my tv, but I'd still like to control it by pointing the remote that way. 

Thanks in advance.  

0 Likes
ctartaro

I have 3 boxes that i need to hide how do i order these from you?

Please let me know.

thanks

Charles

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@ctartaro wrote:

I have 3 boxes that i need to hide how do i order these from you?

Please let me know.

thanks

Charles

Hello,

The infrared (IR) remote control extenders are available for purchase:

a) online via www.verizon.com/fiosaccessories

OR

b) at a local FiOS TV store (call first to check if they have them in stock).  For a list of stores:  http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/general+support/account+issues/questionsone/8...

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
0 Likes
timmer1959

Hi rich was reading old post and I have the same problem only mine is for an outdoor TV which the box can not be located outside . My box is qip7100 2 , Tim {Edited for privacy} box is about 17 feet away. can u send me what I would need.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

You can get the correct extender at Verizon's own site:  https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/DisplayProducts.  You can also get them at Amazon like the one here.  Be careful to check the STB compatiblity as all do not work with all.  Extension cables are also available at Amazon.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes