Switch Account

QIP7100-1 IR Remote Input - what "eye" extender do I get?

QIP7100-1 IR Remote Input - what "eye" extender do I get?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 9
(18,670 Views)

The installer told me that I could place my QIP7100-1 in the basement and run HDMI cable to the TV along with an "eye" extender than plugs into the "IR Remote Input" on the back of the unit.  This way I don't need that big box in my kitchen, only the little eye extender.  Problem is he couldn't give me a vendor or part number for such a device.  Anyone know of the exact thing that will work with this box?  It looks like an eight inch jack input.  I've seen things like this 

Next Generation 3-EYE Infrared Remote Control Extender Emitter Cable

but I'm not sure that's it.  I don't need three eyes and I'm pretty sure I'm looking for a "receiver" not an "emitter."

I've also seen these wireless devices but don't suspect I need that or any delays in signal passage associated with the hand off of signals between receivers and emitters.  Just a simple hard wired eye extender is what I think I need.

Any pointers would be appreciated...link to vendor a bonus.  Thanks!

Jim

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 9
(18,595 Views)

Hey if you can send us a private message with the home # or the name on the account we can ship IR extender to you.

Ron
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 3 of 9
(13,699 Views)

Hey how can I get one of these as well?  I would like to place my box ina more convenient location than in front of my tv, but I'd still like to control it by pointing the remote that way. 

Thanks in advance.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 4 of 9
(13,319 Views)

I have 3 boxes that i need to hide how do i order these from you?

Please let me know.

thanks

Charles

Highlighted
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 5 of 9
(13,309 Views)

@ctartaro wrote:

I have 3 boxes that i need to hide how do i order these from you?

Please let me know.

thanks

Charles

Hello,

The infrared (IR) remote control extenders are available for purchase:

a) online via www.verizon.com/fiosaccessories

OR

b) at a local FiOS TV store (call first to check if they have them in stock).  For a list of stores:  http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/general+support/account+issues/questionsone/8...

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 6 of 9
(13,287 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 7 of 9
(13,000 Views)

Hi rich was reading old post and I have the same problem only mine is for an outdoor TV which the box can not be located outside . My box is qip7100 2 , Tim {Edited for privacy} box is about 17 feet away. can u send me what I would need.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 8 of 9
(12,995 Views)

You can get the correct extender at Verizon's own site:  https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/DisplayProducts.  You can also get them at Amazon like the one here.  Be careful to check the STB compatiblity as all do not work with all.  Extension cables are also available at Amazon.

Moderator Moderator
Message 9 of 9
(2,807 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.