QIP7232-P2 DVR storage reduction post update

QIP7232-P2 DVR storage reduction post update

Highlighted
Contributor RobNJ
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(1,122 Views)

Hello,

Has anyone else noticed a reduction in the storage of their DVR (model QIP7232-P2) post the update?  A few days ago, my DVR was about ~70% filled.  Post the update, it was already 96%.  I checked and very few programs were recorded in the last day or so.  I went though and deleted a lot of content but still am at 78%. 

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 2 of 5
(1,064 Views)
I actually had the opposite occur, my one 7232 had been running about 95-97% full before the update, after it was down to about 90% (and I had not deleted anything).
Contributor RobNJ
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(1,055 Views)

@bobbo527 wrote:
I actually had the opposite occur, my one 7232 had been running about 95-97% full before the update, after it was down to about 90% (and I had not deleted anything).

hmmm... interesting.
I can't explain that but I think I can explain my issue if it helps anyone.
Apparently when you delete something with the new system, it doesn't actually delete it at first.

You have to go to "Manage Deletions" on the DVR menu and then select "Delete All".

Once I did that, I went from 80% full to 37% full!

I'm not positive if deleted shows are cleared from the "Manage Deletions" area after a certain time period or anything.

Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 4 of 5
(1,019 Views)

@RobNJ wrote:

@bobbo527 wrote:

hmmm... interesting.
I can't explain that but I think I can explain my issue if it helps anyone.
Apparently when you delete something with the new system, it doesn't actually delete it at first.

You have to go to "Manage Deletions" on the DVR menu and then select "Delete All".

Once I did that, I went from 80% full to 37% full!

I'm not positive if deleted shows are cleared from the "Manage Deletions" area after a certain time period or anything.

Deleted recordings will be really deleted as soon as space is needed.  I am surprised to hear the space for these is reported as part of the space used.

Contributor RobNJ
Contributor
Message 5 of 5
(1,006 Views)

Deleted recordings will be really deleted as soon as space is needed.  I am surprised to hear the space for these is reported as part of the space used.

Me too - I didn't think that's the way it used to be.  Maybe it's just a small glitch post the update.

But my DVR definitely dropped from 80% to 37% when I went to deletions and cleared them manually

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios