QP-6416 is driving me nuts!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

QP-6416 is driving me nuts!

Message 1 of 2
(3,371 Views)

Hi All,

I'm in Oregon and have a QP-6416 running 1.6.1 build 8.53. As of late the DVR behavior has changed, much for the worse. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this.

1) At least half the time I try to record a show after I have been watching it for a while (10-20 minutes), the buffer gets flushed and it starts recording at the current point. I can clearly see the buffer in the OSD and should be able to catch it all. But  NO! "You cannot record your buffer this time! Perhaps I will let you next time, perhaps not. It all depends on my mood."

This *really* irks me to no end.  :smileymad:RAWR! It used to be the thing would record hours of the buffer if the channel hadn't been changed. I could watch a NASCAR race or ball game for hours then hit record and get the whole thing, including the pre-race stuff!. Now? Cross your fingers at 20 minutes in. 50-50 chance it'll work this time. Grrr!

2) The DVR "stutters" regularly where the picture and sound stumbles or freezes. It'll recover after a few seconds but is very annoying. I  see it watching live TV and recordings.

3) Now and then, my TV suddenly goes blue-screen with "No Signal!" flashing. The HDMI output just turns off for some reason and a DVR reset is needed to get it back.

Anyone else out there dealing with this stuff? Any ideas for fixng this?

Please advise. I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Tim

Message Edited by TimB52 on 02-08-2009 08:18 PM
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: QP-6416 is driving me nuts!

Message 2 of 2
(3,333 Views)

I've been having the same problems last couple of months, mostly the HDMI output shutting down where I wind up with a snowy picture.  I have to fix it by pulling the HDMI cable out of the back of the box and plugging it back in.  A PAIN IN THE {word filter avoidance}  !!

A recent conversation with FiOS tech support revealed that it's a software bug, and they know about it.

Message Edited by KaLin on 02-09-2009 10:31 AM
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.