QTP6416-2 hangs
jolusi2

Well, since about two months it happened several times once I start  a recorded movie

that the TV gets lost of the HDMI connection to the VDR

At least it looks like because I get a message on TV ... no HDMI connection

After about an half minute the display of the VDR recorder shows  PLAY

When it happens VDR can't be controlled by remote or by it's own buttons anymore.

Looks like VDR hangs or got stuck.

Only way to get out of this dilemma is to unplug power cord, wait about 30secs and plug in power cord,

After it looks like VDR reboots,  I can see    - - - -      for a while

and VDR comes back to regular life.

... until I try to start this recorded video again

To keep the VDR out of this weired problem I need to delete that video.   Arrrrgggggg ... this time a soccer match I stopped watching @ minute 80 and tried to see the rest hours later. Could not watch these 10 minutes 'cause I had to delete this record.

Looks like there might be a connection between records I stopped watching and started watching the rest hours later.

Perhaps I'm wrong ...

At least deleting of  a record helps.

... but is not a satisfying solution.

Does anyone know what's wrong with that VDR?

0 Likes
Re: QTP6416-2 hangs
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

Hello.  It sounds to me like you are having trouble only when you are recording video.  Is that correct?  When you say "VDR", do you mean your Verizon set top box?  If so, your box might need to have it's memory cleared out.  There are threads in this forum that advise you how to do this yourself, or you can send me a message with your account info (use private message) and I can try to do it from here. 

0 Likes
jolusi2

Hi Brian

and THX for responding to my message.

Sorry for having posted a wrong model number.

It is a   HD/VDR   QIP6416-2

Well, it's a Verizon set top box which has an internal hard drive included for recording movies and to replay them. You know that box ... sure  🙂

> It sounds to me like you are having trouble only when you are recording video.  Is that correct? 

>>>   Well this problem does only happen when I want to watch a recorded movie, not while recording.

But it happens not really often and that's what makes it complicate. It's not easy to figure out what does fire up this problem.

It only happens once i start to watch a record not from the begin. But ... this might also be an aberration. I'm not sure ...

The result is what makes it tragic ...   the only way out of this dilemma is to delete that record

... after having unplugged the power cord

waiting an half minute

and finally plug in the power cord.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Unfortunately I do not have a solution for you, but I can give you my experience which may give you some hope.

In the nearly 4 years I have had my Verizon DVR (QIP6416), I have had two occasions where recordings would not play, they would hang the DVR and the only way out I could find was to remove electrical power. Both times occurred two or three years ago, within a week or so of each other. The first time two recordings were apparently corrupted, the second time only one. The only solution was to delete the recordings, after of course removing power, waiting a little while, and plugging it back in.

The positive message here is that for two to three years now I have not had any repeat of the problem, so hopefully you have gotten the errors behind you. At least we can hope Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
jolusi2

Hi Justin!

THX for responding.

Well, as I remember it happened to my box 4, 5 times in about 4 months.

I'm only worried  that the HD might have problems. Well, I've read instructions what to do in that case ... reformatting and so on.

Not a big deal, only sad because it'll erase all what's on the drive.

But, as long it won't happen to a very very important soccer match I won't throw that box out of the window.

Nevertheless, I still can't understand why it is still not possible to save records via USB onto an external drive.

I really don't see a difference between recording onto a DVD-recorder and this HD-Recorder-Set-Top-Box.

Wrong. There is one ...

a DVD I can keep for watching as often and as long I want.

This HD-Recorder needs always to keep an eye on it otherwise it'll be full very quick.

Means deleting records and deleting and deleting ...

Stupidly, in a worst case scenario I'll lose all records at once.

Regards,

Johann

0 Likes