Quantum DVR Enhanced Question
jdorio

In the NYC area, FiOS is running a commercial that shows an DVR interface displaying 12 shows being recorded.  It looked like it's a centralized interface and was one of the reasons why I signed up.  But when I connect up my Quantum DVRs, I get the existing interface that I had before Quantum and and it now it just has two folders for each DVR.  There's nothing centralized about it and outside of seeing what each DVR has recorded, it appears that you have to setup recorded programs, etc. separately on each DVR.  While it can record 6 programs now each and has more memory, it's just two separate DVRs that can see each other's recorded programs.

Is the centralized interface in the commercial just a marketing ploy or do I have something that's not setup correctly?  Is it something that's coming down the line or not available yet in NYC area?  While I appreciate the technology advances of a media server and agents, it's kinda disappointing that Quantum TV is just two DVRs that can just see each other.

Thanks,

Jack

0 Likes
Re: Quantum DVR Enhanced Question
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The commercial is for VMS. It is currently being rolled out in limited areas. http://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/TV/FiosTV/Receivers/Equipment+Issues/QuestionsOne/VMS1100...

0 Likes
jdorio

Thanks for the reply.  I have this media server, in fact I have two of them.  I just installed them yesterday and the interface does not look like the one that's pictured in the commercial.  This leads me to believe that something is not right.

0 Likes
jdorio

Called support.  The TV commercial is wrong in NYC area and not showing what DVR interface you are going to get when you upgrade to Quantum.  If you order the Enhanced with 12 program recording capabilities, you are going to get two separate DVRs that can record 6 programs that you have to manage separately, with the existing DVR interface.  This is what the commercial is showing in NYC area which looks like centralized management of the DVRs.  Very disappointed it's two separate DVRs with the old interface.

Commercial:

What you are gonna get:

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The interface in the commercial is much nicer.

0 Likes