Re: Quantum Quirks and Irritations!!!
JCJTampaBay
Enthusiast - Level 2
I agree with most of the setbacks everyone has mentioned especially the remote lag on most screens and no time limit choice for the info bar. But here's one HUGE setback that nobody's mentioned... After deleting shows, when I go to the manage deletions in the menu to permanently delete them... On the old Motorola STBs a "Delete All" option was available to save TONS of time since that's obviously what I want to do. On the new Arris VMS, that option is gone. You have only "Restore" and "Delete." To delete all of the shows, you must go one by one. What a pain and huge setback from before!
0 Likes
elPrez
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just found out this afternoon that the media server will not output video to the componant and HDMI at the same time (as the old dvr did). Not happy as I feed my family room tv with component and porch tv from the same box via HDMI. not that we watch both all the time but it was nice for a ball game if you came inside to get something you wouldn't miss any of the game. We entertain quite a bit using multiple sets during football season and this will deffinatley need to be fixed somehow.

0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did not know about the inability to delete all as before. And the inability to simultaneously output HDMI and component is news to me, too.  We do have one setup using dual outputs but we haven't messed with the secondary output since we "upgraded" so we'll be checking this tonight.  So now the new Quantum hit list is this :

- Get the boxes in sync (or a way to tweak them with delays)

- Get the lag out of the remote functions

- Put back all the widgets we had pre-Quantum

- Make the remote OK button actually select something rather than having to use the right arrow (like pre-Quantum)

- Clean up FiOS Mobile (works for some, not for me)

- Add back in the ability to change how long the channel info is displayed (like pre-Quantum)

- Get the lags out of the guide (like pre-Quantum)

- Ability to perminantly delete "all" from DVR (like pre-Quantum)

- Ability to output HDMI and component simultaniously (like pre-Quantum)

Other than the "coming soon..." stuff, remind us again what the "advantage" is to Quantum, beyond being able to record more than two shows at once (which was an issue with us as many as ZERO times) and being able to rewind live TV on TV's other than the DVR (which we've done only a couple of times in the last month)?

And WHEN will these upgrades (excuse me, not "upgrades", it's "making it at least as good as it used to be") be rolled out?????

hxmiller
Enthusiast - Level 2

Blue Message frequently appears:
We have detected that your set top box does not have video and network connectivity. Press ok to reboot your set top box.

Funny thing is the tv is playing in the background. If I'm watching the DVR the show playing stops. It appears at least once an hour.

0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

@hxmiller wrote:

Blue Message frequently appears:
We have detected that your set top box does not have video and network connectivity. Press ok to reboot your set top box.

Funny thing is the tv is playing in the background. If I'm watching the DVR the show playing stops. It appears at least once an hour.

We had a similar situation with some digital tuner boxes from Verizon and turned out it was cr@ppy cables and/or splitters.  Re-ran some coax and worked all the time.  But before that we'd loose signal just like that.  Had times whern the picture would freeze but the audio kept playing, really quirky until we got the house updated.

0 Likes
Dabnes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add that the Last Channel button no longer toggles between TV / DVR. I used to be able to "last channel" between a recording and TV, now it just switches from the last TV channel.

Also the Call Logs feature does not load, this may not be related to Quantum TV though.

0 Likes
XDM45guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

@elPrez wrote:

Just found out this afternoon that the media server will not output video to the componant and HDMI at the same time (as the old dvr did). Not happy as I feed my family room tv with component and porch tv from the same box via HDMI. not that we watch both all the time but it was nice for a ball game if you came inside to get something you wouldn't miss any of the game. We entertain quite a bit using multiple sets during football season and this will deffinatley need to be fixed somehow.

I just found out that my non server box can output both. I left home this morning and was watching Fios with my slingbox 500.

Usually i live  alone but i had a friend who needed a place to stay and i have my slingbox connected in the spare bedroom, well

my friend changed the channel and started to watch something else and we both had a picture. We could only watch the same thing but we both had a picture, she via hdmi on the tv in bedroom and me via my tablet and component cables connected from the stb to the slingbox.

0 Likes
btcjcn

I have the same problem as you infinitempg with remote access to the DVR is not possible either through the verizon.com website or the ios verizon app.  I also spent hours on the phone with different techs, and was also told by one that remote access to program the DVR is not yet availble on the VMS1100.

I am very frustrated, don't look forward to calling support again, and just want it to work as advertised, and as it did with my old multi-room DVR.

Hope you get your issues resolved - if I learn something new about the remote access will post it here.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Old boxes were never in sync. Doubt they will ever support it (IMHO).

Lag has been reported to be addressed in release due out shortly.

Info bar could be in next release as it is expected (at least as far as I understand) to bring IMG up to where old boxes are.

Output  works simultaneously (at least it does for me and others I beleive).

0 Likes
benore

Here is an odd one. About once I day or so, I have to reboot the DVR because I loose the ability to select a channel from the guide and select "OK". It doesn't do anything. And if I try to put in a channel number and "OK", nothing. If I do not reboot, the only way I can change channels is through the up-and-down buttons. Otherwise I love the box.

0 Likes