Re: Quantum TV - I'm having problems. Are you?
BillyBeer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great job describing the exact performance issues with Vz Quantum.   Wish I would have searched a bit before moving...would have waited another 6 months to switch.

From the symptoms I have seen with my system I really believe that the recording is now moved to off-site.  It would kind of explain a lot of the slowness.  

0 Likes
Tomel

An ONT replacement fixed my pixelation problem. However, still having the other problems noted in my original posting. Very slow response (or, in some cases, no response) to remote commands.

0 Likes
noexcuses2

I was having same problem, then tv quite working.  Main box would not update the time bedroom box would halfway work.  Spent 30 minutes on phone with techsupport.  Cuuld not fix it.  Ordered a work ticket and technician showed up the next day.  Right off the bat he knew what the problem was.  Bad network controller in the old FiOS control box.  20 minutes later I had TV and my remotes were responding like they should be.  internet also sped up to the 75+ speed I have been paying for over the past 4 months.

Problem is bad network controller.  If you upgrade to Quantum and have a control box older than 3yrs you need to have Verizon replace the controller or you will have response delays, intermitten TV service and slower than what you are paying for internet.

0 Likes
Tomel

I'm not a technical expert, so this may be a dumb question

Is there a difference between the ONT (Optical Network Terminal) and the network controller? if so, what's the difference? Also, does it make a difference if I live in a condo. The ONT that was repalced was the one that is inside my unit. Obvisouly, there's some kind of box outside that serves all the units within the building (note that our development is fairly new and optical lines were laid down throughout the communit during construction).

0 Likes
allchips

EVERYONE WITH THIS ISSUE PLEASE READ!!!  I had the same problem with the remote lagging on every funtion....  recoring... forgetaboutit!  It took so long for any funtion used on the remote

I called tech support TODAY and they re-booted it from there.  10 minutes after spreaking with them its all fixed!!!! works like its supposed to.

Now I can pop up shows on the DVR instant! Record a show.  3 seconds.. everything else all working great.  You have to re do each box and before they do that they have to re boot your modem.  thats the 1st step.  Then master box... then other little boxes... I hope this helps everyone!   BTW also made my internet faster like it was supposed to be.  somehow on the self instal their office reads our router and boxes as old ones... Just a simple update and reboot and presto.  its worth the call!10 minutes and bam! You get what you paid for...

0 Likes
Tomel

allchips . . .

Tried your suggestion. Was only a temporary solution. Remote response still slows down and have to reboot every few days. Apparently there is a fix in the works. See the following thread:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29526969-IMG-New-Quantum-Build-2.18.2-9-11-14-~start=330

0 Likes
CHITOBUB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problems already mentioned, slow response time with the remote.  I've had quantum  for about 2 weeks.  After only a couple of days, I had to keep resetting all the boxes, I kept getting the video media server connection lost  message, constantly.  Tech came out, he said the wiring was done poorly, he redid the wiring, replaced the splitter and replaced one of the smaller STBs.  Had worked great for about 10 days, today live tv on the large STB is freezing, doesn't matter which channel.  I just did the troubleshooting thing in the customer support menu option.  Working so far, but I don't know how long this will last.  Very disappointed with Verizon lately, have had them for 7 months.  Before quantum tv, I had the dvr that records 2 shows.  It locked up while recording about 60% of the time, I could not finish watching what I recorded.  I may have to go back to Comcast, at least there is a way to ff through the commercials on  ON DEMAND.  Then I won't need to pay extra for a DVR, that hardly ever works.  

0 Likes
SLM0918
I am having problems 1-4 also - very disappointed!!! In addition, if you flip back and forth between two channels you used to be able to rewind either show - now that is not the case - it seems very random what shows you can rewind while just flipping - 6th problem is I can not 'Dial' a channel on my set top box - I can use the channel up/down button but not the numbers -- currently on with 'tech support' while they 'troubleshoot' ....

Let's hope firmware is released soon and addresses these problems - paying way too much for so many problems
0 Likes
Darianmk

I am having the same exact problems. I have had FIOS since 2009. I switched FIOS Quantum the first week it was out in April 2014.  I almost immediately started having problems. I work for Verizon and have reported the problem to the development team that rolled out Quantum.  In June it seemed like the problem got better after a Quantum update, but inQuote August it's like things got worst.  I am seriously thinking of dropping FIOS TV for Direct TV.  I am tired of the slow remote to channel command, tired of numerous errors telling me my fios tv isn't connected to coax, tired of channels freezing and video demand and dvr freezing up.  It's getting old, and I can't believe Verizon rolled out these trash Quantum STBs and then charging me an extra $20 a month for Quantum when it doesn't work half the time.  I am ready to drop the FIOS TV because of Quantum.  The old STBs I had very few problems. Since having Quantum I've spoken to tech support about 4x.

0 Likes
Re: Summary of Quantum Problems
didi768
Enthusiast - Level 1

Regarding the LAST button on remote: 

@sefiro wrote:

One other UI issues.  the "Last" button on the old system allowed for switching between two channels or between a DVR playback and another channel.  The Quantum system does not switch back to the DVR playback,

Oh my gosh I know!!!  For that reason alone I want to get rid of Quantum.  I loved watching something I taped while waiting for commercials to be done on live TV.  What a pain in the butt that is!!!!  Please Verizon fix this asap or I'll die.  And when you turn on the TV if you hit the last button it goes to a red Verizon page of some sort.  I don't know if I can live with Quantum for the reason.  Also , why does the smaller box say BASEMENT?  Was the info not erased?  I'm also getting a show taped that I did not schedule....

0 Likes