Switch Account

Quantum TV and audio out of sync

Quantum TV and audio out of sync

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 1 of 7
(6,204 Views)

It looks like I have audio out of sync after upgrading to Quantum TV. Issue is on live channels as well recorded shows. Audio was tested directly on a TV set (through the HDMI) and an amplifier (audio through the optical).

Any clue what is going on?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 7
(6,188 Views)

Check the hidden menu for HDMI settings.

while "off" (i.e. standby) and TV on,  hold "d" button about 5 seconds then release

User menu

Additional HDMI Settings

Lip sync (auto is usually best)

Lip sync delay (normally 0)

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 3 of 7
(6,169 Views)

But why delay is on an optical output? Is going to be same issue as HDMI?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 7
(6,139 Views)

Sync in general is a problem with Digital Tv's.  You definitely want to play with these values and see what happens.  You did mention a HDMI connection so at least try to get that to sync first, then see if you have to go to manual in the settings I mentioned and adjust the delay for the optical.

Try doing adjust on something live.  MOVIES and TV program sometimes reloop the audio later and may have some inherent sync errors.

Contributor
Contributor
Message 5 of 7
(4,568 Views)

I have the same issue.  I find if I hit pause then play the issue resolves.  It is annoying however.  Sometimes the sound cuts out altogether.  Again pause/play gets it back.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Message 6 of 7
(4,553 Views)

You will want to start a new thread as this one will be locked as it is over 2yrs old

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator
Message 7 of 7
(4,550 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.