Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Quantum TV questions

BenS
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Quantum TV questions

Message 1 of 7
(1,168 Views)

I am interested in upgrading to the new Quantum TV (6 or 12 recodings) .  I currently have 3 standalone DVR's. The reason for this is that I have my own tv and the wife and kids have ther own tv.  I don't have to worry about someone deleting shows, conflicted recordings, or favorite channels.  My main concern with the quantum tv is the recording conflict. We record everything.  So if we have 30 shows recording and my shows are at the bottom of the list they may never record??? I'm not sure.

Can someone explain or provide a website that explains how the new Quantum tv works...  thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Quantum TV questions

Message 2 of 7
(1,163 Views)

Quantum service allows you to have upto two servers which each have 6 tuners, You can have upto eight clients, four per server. Each client when in use will take away 1 tuner from the server. So if you have two servers you can record 12 shows at one time as long as no clients are in use at the time.

eiVaL
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 3 of 7
(1,131 Views)

Telcoguru, that responce is actually perfect and answers my own quesiton: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/I-thought-i-was-ordering-two-6-tuner-VMS-b...

now all i need is a Rep to help me get it done, if the slave device is manditory than ill just simply order another VMS.

unless we can still keep a traditional DVR on the service plan with a VMS

BenS
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 7
(1,104 Views)

Thanks for the input but let me clairify my question.

If I have 3 tv's all recoding at the same time, 1 sever and 2 clients.  TV1 is recording 3 shows.  TV2 is recording 3 shows. TV3 is recording 2 shows.  Since I'm over the 6 recording limit which shows do not get recorded?

For those who answer get 2 servers I pose the same question.  What happens to the 13th recording?  

How do preverences work?  What show has priority over another?   

Thank you...

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 7
(1,098 Views)

@BenS wrote:

Thanks for the input but let me clairify my question.

If I have 3 tv's all recoding at the same time, 1 sever and 2 clients.  TV1 is recording 3 shows.  TV2 is recording 3 shows. TV3 is recording 2 shows.  Since I'm over the 6 recording limit which shows do not get recorded?

For those who answer get 2 servers I pose the same question.  What happens to the 13th recording?  

How do preverences work?  What show has priority over another?   

Thank you...

Standard recorder conflicts would occur.  If you tried to schedule them and it detects it then it will tell you then and let you choice what recordings to skip.  If you do lots of recordings that might shift around, you should check to see if a conflict has shown up on your scheduled recordings.

For series recordings you set priorities which you can override.  I believe one off show have a priority too but don't know if its higher or lower than the series recordings.

TomH309
Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 6 of 7
(1,076 Views)

Learned a lot from this link.

Hope it helps you too.

http://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/general+support/new+to+fios+tv/questionsone/848...

Good luck with your "project"

Tom
QIP 7100 1,YAMAHA ATS 1080,QIP 7216 P2, iPad 2 WiFi,iPhone SE
TomH309
Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 7 of 7
(1,074 Views)

These might also be good "resources" for you.

IPC 1100 Manual Advanced IP Client STB

http://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/ipc1100_installation_manual-s.pdf

see Pg 3 of IPC 1100 Manual:

VZ  Video Media Server VMS1100

http://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/vms1100_install_ops_manual-s.pdf

see Pg of 2 of Manual

Tom
QIP 7100 1,YAMAHA ATS 1080,QIP 7216 P2, iPad 2 WiFi,iPhone SE
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title