Re: Quantum TV unresponsive!
BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea, I've been pretty frustrated with this. It is just laggy enough to ruin the extire experience.

I assume there is not any know fix for this; it is just going to be this way until Comcast comes to my neighborhood?

Is it a hardware problem? Should I see if they will replace my box? If so, which one?

Any ideas??

0 Likes
dogbrain
Contributor - Level 1

My Quantum DVR seemed to get slower and slower, so I powered it off for a couple of minutes and then powered it back on.

Responsiveness improved significantly.

Memory leaks?

George

0 Likes
RDJim
Contributor - Level 1

Memory Leaks?  Not a bad guess.  After the last SW update things were looking  better but now the lag is back.  The delay on starting playback of recordings is up to 20 seconds now (seems much longer when your staring at a black screen).  Guess I'll try the unplug reset again.

omlifecrew1

Rediculous lag on my end.  My menu is so slow, the guide never catches up with the number of times I press up or down, inputting channels ex. 513 takes about 5 seconds per number, and adding and deleting DVR programs takes several minutes per program..  I went to my brothers house with standard fios package and was in heaven because the STB responded instantly to every button pressed on the remote.  Any updates for when Verizon will speed up Fios Quantum?

0 Likes
fossil1
Contributor - Level 1

i hope pzulw's comment was meant to be a joke!!!! 

@pzulw wrote:

Dear Customer,

When using the program guide please follow this procedure:

For example to go up three channels.

1.  Press the UP direction key on the Verizon FIOS TV Remote

2.  Give it a minute.

3.  The indicator moves up to the previous channel.

4.  Press the UP direction key on the Verizon FIOS TV Remote

5.  Give it a minute.

6.  The indicator moves up to the previous channel.

7.  Press the UP direction key on the Verizon FIOS TV Remote

8.  Give it a minute.

9.  The indicator moves up to the previous channel.

10. Press the OK Button.

11. Give it a minute.

The channel appears!

For example to tune to channel 801.

1.  Press 8.

2.  If the STB received the keypress then give it a minute; otherwise press 8 again.

3.  Press 0.

4.  If the STB received the keypress then give it a minute; otherwise press 0 again.

5.  Press 1.

6.  If the STB received the keypress then give it a minute; otherwise press 1 again.

7. Wait for the last number to be received then press the 'OK' button.

8. If you did not "give it a minute" when you should have you will tune to channel 80.   In this case start over at step 1.

0 Likes
RDJim
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe slightly exagerated, sometimes 30 seconds wait. Your results may vary.  Some rank amature programmers created a monster and patching only helps slightly.  Not sure if the monster they created for the regular fios TV fixed the root programming problem or just added window dressing but I hear it's also a mess.  A mess that's coming to Quantum soon.  Maybe they should hire the obamacare programmers to help make it so bad they're forced to start over.

0 Likes
jbouj
Enthusiast - Level 2

The hardware is a cheap piece of junk. Something I new when I opened the box it came in. Are you people really surprised it perfrom like a piece of junk? It's amazing im paying nearly 30 dollars a month for these two boxes. I experinced the new Comcast xfinity last week. It blows fios away.

0 Likes
jbouj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unrelated, but the remote that comes with xfinity is 100 times better. It's RF and my friend actually retired his Logitech Harmony universal remote in favor of the xfinity one. Fios is still using the same remote it used nearly 8 years ago. Hardware = JUNK. Yet the prices keep going UP.

0 Likes
jbouj
Enthusiast - Level 2

SOLVED???  Verizon you should probably pay attention to this issue.

BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems to me like it is better than it was before...

0 Likes