Quantum boxes suck! Old boxes I could filter channel surfing to subscribed channels only!
molitar
Enthusiast - Level 3

**bleep**!  These new box are utter utter garbage!  Can't filter by subscribed channels only???  Can't even favorite subscribed channels only!  These new boxes are **bleep** Verizon!  Total and utter **bleep**!   FIX YOUR **bleep** GARBAGE!  I AM PAYING A LOT OF MONEY FOR BROKEN FEATURED BOXES!

My mother likes to surf what is on not use the guide and that **bleep** delay you are not subcribed to this channel is garbage because you won't fix your broken hardware!

If it was not for my mother I would never ever ever get Tv service through you and only subscribe to the Internet! 

Re: Quantum boxes suck! Old boxes I could filter channel surfing to subscribed channels only!
Justin46
Legend

Then set up a Favorites list just for her with only the channels she wants to surf and be done with it. I don't see why that is so hard, it is what I have done for my wife (and for myself too) and it works just fine. Does take a few minutes to do, especially the first time, but once done all is well, and if there are channels she wants to add or delete, that can be done at any time with a couple of button presses. For me, using Subscribed was never remotely satisfactory, it still included far, far too many channels neither of us had any interest in ever watching, so even though there was no channel change delay there were way too many button presses required to actually surf the channels we cared about.

FWIW, I have had FiOS TV for almost 10 years now, the Quantum boxes for almost 15 months, been on the latest level of the code (APR-2.0) for about a week, and I am very happy with Quantum. But if I were as upset as you appear to be I would be looking at changing providers ASAP.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Re: Quantum boxes suck! Old boxes I could filter channel surfing to subscribed channels only!
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless something changed in newer IMG on the older boxes, there isn't any difference I saw in surfing "subscribed channels only" between older and Quantum boxes.  Personally I prefer setting up Favorite A for all the channels I might watch (rather than just favorites). 

0 Likes
Mendes9
Contributor - Level 1

Same problem here, older boxes and curent Quantum box same issue this was never solved.  You set it to "subscribed channels" and it just deletes the setting, it never saves the setting. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure you go in and set it to remember last guide state.

Not at home at the moment so can't exactly what menu it is under, but set that and you should be ok.

0 Likes
Mendes9
Contributor - Level 1

I agree, same problem subscribed filter channels doesnt work! 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you get when you hit guide, options and select subscribed channels?

Does it say Filter By Subscribed channels at the top?

If so, does it show unsubscribed channels?

All of them?

There are some "channels" that are in fact ways to get VOD or upgrades.

You also have the option of setting up a filter list to only see certain channels.

0 Likes