Quantum can't schedule tuning
maryfarguson

I can't believe they have removed the schedule-tune feature from Quantum. Previously we were able to select "Tune to this program" in the guide, but that feature is no longer there in the Quantum upgrade.

This is a vital feature for us, because my 96-year-old mother cannot always tune to a desired program. It must be equally needed by caretakers of disabled people who are unable to tune to a program at the desired time.

PLEASE, Verizon, add this feature back! Removing a feature that is needed by elderly and disabled people is surely not what you want to do.

0 Likes
Re: Quantum can't schedule tuning
Justin46
Legend

@maryfarguson wrote:

I can't believe they have removed the schedule-tune feature from Quantum. Previously we were able to select "Tune to this program" in the guide, but that feature is no longer there in the Quantum upgrade.

This is a vital feature for us, because my 96-year-old mother cannot always tune to a desired program. It must be equally needed by caretakers of disabled people who are unable to tune to a program at the desired time.

PLEASE, Verizon, add this feature back! Removing a feature that is needed by elderly and disabled people is surely not what you want to do.

I'm sorry, please explain further what feature or function you feel Verizon has removed on Quantum TV.

I have Quantum TV and when I am in the Guide all I have to do is hit the OK button on the remote to switch to the channel I am on in the Guide. Or I can hit the Info button and the first option is "Tune to Channel."

Now if you are referring to the "Reminder" option that was there, where you could select a program some time in the future and set a reminder that the program is coming on to switch to that channel, yes, that is gone, but my understanding is that Verizon is planning to add that feature back in, I don't know when, but it shouldn't be too, too far into the future.

If it is not the "Reminder" option, please explain further.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
maryfarguson

Yes, I mean the ability to pre-set the tuner to change to a program at a future time. That feature has been removed. I too have been told that Verizon plans to add it back, but there was no information as to when. In the meantime, my 96-year-old mother is struggling to watch programs and I imagine caretakers of other elderly and disabled people are having the same problem I am. Verizon needs to add this feature back ASAP.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@maryfarguson wrote:

Yes, I mean the ability to pre-set the tuner to change to a program at a future time. That feature has been removed. I too have been told that Verizon plans to add it back, but there was no information as to when. In the meantime, my 96-year-old mother is struggling to watch programs and I imagine caretakers of other elderly and disabled people are having the same problem I am. Verizon needs to add this feature back ASAP.

It is my understanding that Verizon definitely has plans to add it back, but when is just not available. And Verizon is very, very unlikely to tell you (or me) when, because whenever they have said anything in the past about a date for something, if they miss it by even a day, any number of users complain incessantly about their failure to deliver. While I wish Verizon would provide dates when things will be delivered, based on what I have seen in the past I completely understand their reluctance to do so.

My guess is it will be at least several months before we see the Reminder feature available again. But if I am wrong, that will be good. Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes