Quantum vs the original TV and Broadband services and question about pixilation on Fios services.
cthefox789
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since switching to FIOS TV and Internet last week, the following things have gone wrong.:

1.  The first quantum main box failed with bad pixilation and sound and a bad hard drive.

2. The 2nd quantum main box is failing due to locking up causing frequent restarts and also has bad pixilation and sound on various channels.   It is driving us crazy on our main box and all three smaller boxes in kitchen and bedrooms

3.  The 75/75 broadband is not consistant and sometimes I can't run my 4 ethernet connections and my 7 wifi connections--- have to shut down a couple of wifi connections so the TV and other gadgets start working better. but not great like it used to on boxes before quantum.

I want to go back to before the quantum upgrade--- things were a lot better!!!

{edited for privacy}

Re: Quantum vs the original TV and Broadband services and question about pixilation on Fios services
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Asking peers here not Verizon.

Which router are you using?   It should be the MI424wr VERSION I (reddish or brown band) or the Gateway G1100. 

0 Likes
Re: Quantum vs the original TV and Broadband services and question about pixilation on Fios services
cthefox789
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I know that the forum is just peers--- going through Verizon has so far netted no good responses or help.

I am using the latest router designed for the Quantum system.

I'm still not convinced that Verizon has all their bugs worked out of their "Quantum" versions of TV and Internet.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Something doesn't make sense.

Number of Internet users should have no effect on TV reception unless you are talking about something on demand.

0 Likes
Popeye3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am currently experiencing the same exact problem of bad pixelation on multiple boxes (tww boxes like you). The problem seems to be only occurring on High definition local channels for the most part. When I called customer service I was told that I probably need an upgraded splitter. When I received the new boxes there was no mention of this and no new splitter was provided. When I asked for help from Verizon with this I was informed that since the splitter resides on my side of the 'dmarc' it is my problem to fix.

good times

0 Likes
fossil1
Contributor - Level 1

cthefox789,

I agree with you - not convinced that Verizon has all their bugs worked out of their "Quantum" versions of TV; and I thikn that's an understatement.

I haven't seen any internet problems but years ago I rewired the house - splitters, terminations and coax - both in the walls and from the terminations to devices - don't forget wires from the STBs to TVs as well.  Old coax and sub-par HDMI doesn't support the signal as well.  Verizon used to do much of that as part of installations.  Now, unfortunately, Verizon's song is pay me, pay me, pay me - and then pay me again.  

As Bloomberg reported, "The number of Americans who pay for TV through cable, satellite or fiber services fell by more than a quarter of a million in 2013, the first full-year decline, according to research firm SNL Kagan."  Verizon is steadily selling off everything that isn't wireless and has massivly curtailed the FiOS expansion.  Although Verizon's FiOS was the best, I fear that going forward FiOS subsscribers need to develop lower expectations. 

Good luck.

0 Likes