Question About Time Display On DVR
jgfinnegan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whenever I change a channel on the DVR the display changes from the current time to the current channel.  And it doesn't change back for a good 30 seconds to a minute.  Under settings I only have it checked for display time, not for channel.  i don't need to see the channel there.  Is there anyway to just keep the time displayed on the dvr.  I know it's trivial but I use the timestamp to figure out what to watch via the guide.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Question About Time Display On DVR
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

There is no way to change this behavior.  The channel displays until the next minute clicks over.  It also displays the channels when the guide indicates a new program starting.

0 Likes
Re: Question About Time Display On DVR
Bigtracks
Enthusiast - Level 3

This really bothers me too.  When you are playing the DVR and press play, the word PLAY appears on the display for up to a minute for no purpose.  That is a time I am usually wanting to know what time it is.  I don't know who thought there would be any value in displaying the work PLAY, but I will probably never meet that person.

You may not have spotted this, but your problem may be helped slightly by using the time-of-day display on the guide screen.  It is just above center on the left side of the screen.

0 Likes