Question about OPTIONS...FAVORITES
webb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I searched and found no pertinent posts.   I tried 2 flavors of Verizon help, they were bad beyond belief.  Here's my question:

My FIOS STB box is a Motorola QIP 6200-2 aka DCT6200  [generic version on Mot site]

On the remote I push  OPTIONS,  then use up or down arrows to go to the HEART, now I can push OK and it toggles btwn FAVORITES ADD and FAVORITES REMOVE.  What is that all about ?  Pushing other keys seems to do nothing.  What next key can I push to do anything ?    TIA,  {email address removed for privacy}

Message Edited by CharlotteS on 09-11-2008 05:04 PM
0 Likes
Re: Question about OPTIONS...FAVORITES
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2

On "my favorites", the list of channels with hearts represents the favorites list. You can use the "remove all", option to erase the list. Then you can go to the "add remove" option.Click to the right and scroll down to the channels you want to add to "my favorites". Those channels will now be in the "my favorites", list with their very own red heart. You can remove channels individually from the favorites with the remove option.

I am in an area that still has version 1.5 of the IMG. I understand 1.6 has some additional favorites options. 

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
The button you are referring to is a shortcut button. If you are on a station and would like to either add or delete it to your favorites, then that is a quick way to do it.
0 Likes
webb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply Henry.   

That's about how it works for me too,  let me make it clear,

my Favorites are working fine [ since Verizon remotely reset my box after 25 min on the fone last nite - to get rid of the zombie favorites that kept coming back from the deleted and the dead :-)] .

My question, if anyone knows, is just to satisfy my techie curiosity, about what seems to be an alternate route to a favorites dead end...i.e.

what is the OPTIONS button,  then FAVORITES ADD and FAVORITES REMOVE all about ?

That is not the route I take to successfully add or delete favorites, starting with the MENU button, then SETTINGS then Favorite Channels...

If anyone has figured out what the OPTIONS route does,  or if it is actually explained somewhere by VZ, your help would be most welcome.

Cheers,  Webb in NJ

0 Likes
webb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks matcarl - that's cool and it works for me.    Maybe in a future rev. they'll clarify it a little by adding a hint, like "Push OK to add channel nnn to your favorites".

Cheers,  Webb in NJ

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
There are video tutorials you can watch to learn more. Go to the main menu and go into Help & Help Videos. One of the videos explains about Favorites and that shortcut Options button.
0 Likes