Question about Redzone
jbahlman
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is my first year with Redzone.  What i was shooting for was to watch the Redskin game on one channel and switch to the redzone to catch up on the other games during the commercials, then after the Redskin game was over i would mostly watch the redzone channel until the end.  To be able to switch back and forth while keeping my place i figured out if i record both it will let me pause and do a last channel to resume where i left off.  

Everything worked until the end of the day at 7pm the recording stopped but i missed the end of a couple of games.  Does the Redzone always stop at 7pm on the dot?  Even if there are games going on?  It wouldn't let me record any longer than 6hours for one recording, so i had 1-7 and i selected 7-8 after it, but that recorded nothing.  

0 Likes
Re: Question about Redzone
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

NFL RedZone is contractually obligated to stop broadcasting at 8pm ET [7pm CT] [5pm PT] even if there are games still in progress. NBC has exclusive NFL TV rights for Sunday prime-time, so other outlets must stop showing NFL game programming at 8pm ET on the dot, with the exception that CBS and Fox can wrap up their local games in progress.

That said, last week RedZone was able to show all games to their conclusion. The last game concluded at around 7:57pm ET. Your NFL RedZone recording probably has the final minutes of the games that you may have missed on Sunday.

Re: Question about Redzone
jbahlman
Enthusiast - Level 3

The DVR only lets me record 6hrs at a time so i dvr'd  1-7pm and 7-8pm, but the 7-8pm had nothing.  

But alteast i know it should go until 8pm.  I guess i will see what happens this week.  

Maybe it was a fluke.  

0 Likes