Question on Extreme HD Package
gstank711

I signed on with Verizon only because they listed RFD-TV as a channel (247). I am now being told that it is part of the Extreme HD package.(even though it is not HD) I guess I am going to have to shell out the extra dough to get it. My question is---- Can I get the package even if I do not have HD receivers or TV? Will I only get the non HD channels?

Glenn

0 Likes
Re: Question on Extreme HD Package
Jedi
Enthusiast - Level 2
yes,yes.....to the best of my knowledge.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Yes there are a number of SD channels that are only available if you have the Extreme HD package. I know it's not right. As listed in the guide *** Only available as part of the Extreme HD package. You would think the should be available with the Essentials plan for those who have no desire for HD. If you had the Premier plan and do not use HD, you should be able to downgrade to Essentials which only gets local HD, and still get the channel. But that is not the case. People that do not have HD should demand this. It may not fall on deaf ears. I know Essentials should have the all the SD except for premiums.

It you have a commitment for Premier, you may be able to get Extreme at no additional cost, or for less money. Then if you do get an HD TV you will be ready. For my Triple Freedom package it was actually $5 cheaper then with Premier.

0 Likes
Franky
Enthusiast - Level 1
Yes, you can get the package without having a hd receiver or tv.  And you will be able to view any channel that is SD only.  (Which would be 247 as well)  But all of the HD channels you will receive with the package you will not be able to view.
0 Likes