Questions about quantum router
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I have an Actiontec router. I'm thinking about upgrading to either the TV One or the Stream TV.

I called & asked if my Actiontec router is compatible with the TV One. The person that I talked to told me that the Actiontec isn't compatible with the TV One. I suppose that the Actiontec isn't compatible with the Stream TV either, is it?

I can't remember the reason why the Actiontec isn't compatible with the TV One. Why isn't it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Questions about quantum router
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is correct. FiOS TV One needs either a G1100 Quantum router or the new FiOS Home Router. The boxes actually do a router check during activation. 

Stream TV wouldn't matter.  It just needs an internet connection. You need around 25 mbps to stream something in 4k which the Actiontec is fully capable of doing. And if you do have issue with wifi you could always connect it with ethernet. 

View solution in original post

Re: Questions about quantum router
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is correct. FiOS TV One needs either a G1100 Quantum router or the new FiOS Home Router. The boxes actually do a router check during activation. 

Stream TV wouldn't matter.  It just needs an internet connection. You need around 25 mbps to stream something in 4k which the Actiontec is fully capable of doing. And if you do have issue with wifi you could always connect it with ethernet.