Questions on upgrading to VMS and IPC
VictoryRider1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good morning.  I am looing to update my DVR and 2 STBs.  I have a QIP 7232 P2 DVR, a QIP 7100 STB, and a QIP 7100 P2 STB.  I have the MI424WR-GEN3I (Red) Action Tec router. From what I understand in reading posts on the forum, the VMS1100 is a DVR adnd the IPC1100 are set top boxes which are needed for use with VMS1100.  What I would like to know is if i can keep my Red ActionTec router or must I get the Quantum router?  I am getting conflicting information on that issue.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Questions on upgrading to VMS and IPC
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You 100% can use the Actiontec rev I red band router. That is the router I had when I upgraded to VMS. 

Now if they are trying to sell you FiOS TV One which is the brand new VMS then I think you need to use the FiOS Quantum router G1100 because supposedly there is a hidden SSID for the wireless clients boxes. 

View solution in original post

Re: Questions on upgrading to VMS and IPC
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You 100% can use the Actiontec rev I red band router. That is the router I had when I upgraded to VMS. 

Now if they are trying to sell you FiOS TV One which is the brand new VMS then I think you need to use the FiOS Quantum router G1100 because supposedly there is a hidden SSID for the wireless clients boxes.