RE: Video Media Server Error (11010) issue
Waiting11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Getting 'Video Media Server Error (11010)' message on TV screen.

Tried unplugging and restarting cable box, does not work.

Have been on phone for 40+ minutes waiting to speak with a technician when phone bot said wait time is 20 minutes.

Thinking of disconnecting service since I basically only use internet service.

0 Likes
Re: RE: Video Media Server Error (11010) issue
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Have you tried powercycling the router too? Sometimes you have to disconnect power from the VMS box, Powercycle the router, wait 5 minutes, plug the VMS back in. Also check all cables to and from the router and VMS box.

0 Likes
Waiting11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion but unplugging and restarting both the router and cable box did not fix it.

Based on previous posts regarding this issue, this does not seem to be a technical issue (as posted on the error message on screen) and not something that is fixed promptly by FIOS.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Sounds like you need to reach out to Verizon support on Twitter or on DSL Reoprts.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

Waiting11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do FIOS technicians or service reps ever post here?

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Not that I've ever seen. Some posts get read by them though. The only direct way to reach them is calling, Twitter or Verizon direct on DSL reports forum.

0 Likes
dadtheclance1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here's what worked for me.  I called the Verizon Service line 800-837-4966, skipped all the question crap (That did not work and sent me in frustrating circles) and said I wanted to talk to an agent.  I was able to talk to an agent in 5 minutes!  I could not believe it.  He remotely activated the box and it is working fine now.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes