Really terrible service lately...
grimption

No television service at all this evening; the STB will not initialize. No answer on the customer service phone line. No answer on the customer service chat line. Yesterday, internet service was unavailable for most of the day. My bill is 20% higher than expected given the package we were promised.

I see little reason to continue service.

0 Likes
Re: Really terrible service lately...
Justin46
Legend

@grimption wrote:

No television service at all this evening; the STB will not initialize. No answer on the customer service phone line. No answer on the customer service chat line. Yesterday, internet service was unavailable for most of the day. My bill is 20% higher than expected given the package we were promised.

I see little reason to continue service.

Have you tried pulling the power from the STB for 10 seconds or so, then plugging it back in? Worth a try. And if that doesn't work, try disconnecting the coax and reconnecting it. You say it will not initialize: what do you mean? Nothing happens, specific message on the display, anything else you can tell us?

If you are not getting an answer when you call, you are calling the wrong number, or you are not going through the menu correctly. Tech support is available 24/7, 365 days a year. What number are you calling? For FiOS technical support, I call 888-553-1555. One thing you can try. instead of trying to navigate the menu, after giving your phone number, at the next prompt when the phone system is trying to figure out what you want, say "agent". And if you get any other questions, say "agent" again. Eventually it will say something like "it sounds like you would like to talk to an agent, is this correct?", and you say "yes", and bingo, you are talking to an agent, usually within 2 or 3 minutes (at least that is my experience, although I have not called that often).

Some people complain about Verizon's service, but I have had FiOS now for 5 1/2 years, and although I haven't had to call very often, I have had good support every time but once. And for that one time, I called back later and reported my experience. Complaining here is not going to accomplish much, as this is a user-to-user-forum.

As to the bill being higher than expected: is this new service? If so, Verizon typically bills a partial month of use, plus a month in advance. Have you looked at the detail to see if it migh be something like that? Or maybe there are taxes and fees you didn't expect?

Hope tha above helps.

Keller, TX 76248