Receiving emails from Verizon for account that doesn't belong to me, cannot get Verizon to help
Lumpy66

On 1/20/16 I received an email from "verizon-notification@verizon.com" that was a thank you for ordering FiOS QuantumSM TV, with a Self-Install Order No. {edited for privacy}.  I did not order this, but continue to receive emails regarding this account.  It appears that whoever did order this gave Verizon an incorrect email address that happens to be mine.

For two weeks we have been going around and around in circles in voicmail hell and with many "customer service" representatives to no avail.  No one we've spoken to can help us or they seem to be unwilling to help us, they transfer us to other people who can't help us, and give us phone numbers to call where more people can't help us and try to transfer us to the same people we've already talked to - who can't help us.  Was on the phone for over 4 hours with Verizon one day without getting anywhere.

I would think Verizon would be a little more concerned about sending account information for one of their customers to someone to whom that account does not belong.  We're hoping it's just that this person gave Verizon the wrong email address, and that they haven't somehow obtained our email address to use when opening bogus accounts with companies such as Verizon.

VERIZON - HELP US - PLEASE

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Receiving emails from Verizon for account that doesn't belong to me, cannot get Verizon to help
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lumpy66,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Receiving emails from Verizon for account that doesn't belong to me, cannot get Verizon to help
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lumpy66,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes