Recent Update to DVR Reduced Functionality
Vfam1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd like to start this post with a request that this post be moved if it is not in the appropriate area.

In late April, there was an update to the FiOS DVR that has disabled some features that were previously available to me. Typically, I can press the "info" button on my remote multiple times and it will pull up a certain page that gives detailed information such as: upcoming shows, air date of the show, complete synopsis, full cast information, related shows I might be interested in and so forth. However, when I use my "info" button now it only shows a small overlay that has the short synopsis.

Additionally, in the past when a program hit the end of its recording it would stop and pull up a menu from which I had a number of options such as deleting at that moment or playing from the start (and many other options). Now, when a recording is done it boots all the way back to live TV and I have to go back in my DVR menu to delete it. There is an also an issue where the info button ceases working after a recording ends. To fix this I have to either enter the recordings menu or the channel guide.

Pressing the "OK" button on a recording also has no effect when it used to pull a menu. I feel the disabling of this button is a mistake as there is a graphic on the DVR screen that shows 3 buttons and their functions (Play, OK, C button) but only Play and C button work.

Any helpful links to a solution would be helpful. I searched in the forums but was unable to find a thread detailing this. If I have overlooked it, please direct me to it and the support answers from the Verzion staff.

Is there a known way to fix this? Is this just my DVR? This seems like a very odd update as it hinders the functionality that used to exist.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recent Update to DVR Reduced Functionality
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model DVR do you have?

Have you tried rebooting the box to see it it corrects any of the issues?

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model DVR do you have?

Have you tried rebooting the box to see it it corrects any of the issues?

Vfam1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The DVR model is a Motorola QIP7232 2. I have not tried rebooting yet. I'm not entirely sure how but I'm assuming its something more than a 60 second poweroff like other electronics. I'll search on the web for how to reboot.

Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to mark an answer as an accepted solution should it work and also give kudos 🙂

EDIT:

I feel quite silly now. After I did the reboot the DVR says it was downloading/intializing and my DVR functionality is back to normal. Thanks, CRobGauth. I'm curious about what caused the problem in the first place but I'm glad that I have a plan of action if it ever happens again.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad I could help.

BTW, did you do reboot via support menu?

If not, try that next time.

Easier than power resetting.

Vfam1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks. I'll try that next time (should I need it). I did a power reset this time though.

0 Likes