Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Recent change in the way the program guide works while browsing with remote?

John_in_VA
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Recent change in the way the program guide works while browsing with remote?

Message 1 of 3
(3,262 Views)

I've been a FiOS subscriber for nearly 2 years, and have had great service.  In the past few days I noticed a change in the way the program guide works while browsing the guide with the remote control.

Usually I hit the up arrow button above the OK button, placing the guide on the right side of the screen.  In the past, if I'm watching channel 167 (as an example) and scroll through the guide and want to see see Info for channel 550's program, I hit the Info button.  When finished, I will hit the left arrow button and the guide would stay at channel 550 on the list.  For the past few days when I do that it takes me back to channel 157 on the guide.  Then I have to scroll back down the list to reach where I just was.

I hope you can follow this.  Has something changed?  Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Justin
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Recent change in the way the program guide works while browsing with remote?

Message 2 of 3
(3,232 Views)

I think this thread describes your problem:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/When-browsing-favorites-exiting-info-retur...

As far as I know there is no solution, and I suspect Verizon really isn't even aware of it unless someone has reported it to the FSC.

Keller, TX 76248

John_in_VA
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Recent change in the way the program guide works while browsing with remote?

Message 3 of 3
(3,201 Views)

Justin,

Thanks for pointing out that other thread - I didn't see it during my search.

My remote and guide have worked as "desired" until just a day or 2 ago, so I don't know if "they" changed something.  I'll check with customer service.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title