Record Live TV
Drewsef

When watching live TV, I used to be able to press "Record", and the DVR box would save the past recording for that program, if it was available.  

Now, when watching live TV, if I press "Record", all the past recording is lost, and the recording starts from the moment I pressed "Record".  

For example: I'm watching some football game.  I could just press "Rewind" and go back as far as the DVR remembers.  But I decide I would like to record and save that past recording instead, so I press "Record".  That used to work.  Now, when I press "Record", the DVR loses all the past recording.

Was this an intentional change?  Is there any setting I can modify to go back to the old way?  If not, do you have any intention of going back to the old way, or at least making it an option?

0 Likes
Re: Record Live TV
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your recordings. I have just tested it and I was able to record a bit back from when I pressed the record button. To try to fix this, please press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Please let us know if further assistance is required.

0 Likes
Drewsef

Thanks for replying.  I tried again (recording the program I was watching live).  Anything before the moment I pressed record is still lost.

I tried your suggestion and got:

Error

Data currently not available.

Please try again later.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
KenEhrsam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issue on a 7232.  Has there been any further investigation of this issue?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@KenEhrsam wrote:

I am having the same issue on a 7232.  Has there been any further investigation of this issue?

Have you tried the autocorrect to address this problem?

0 Likes
KenEhrsam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have run the autocorrect and the problem goes away for a while.

There is also an issue that if you try to record shows that are usually more than a week in the future causes the dvr to reboot.  The reboot seems to clear the issue.  This issue first surfaced with IMG 1.9 and went away with IMG 1.9.1.  The issue has resurfaced with the latest IMG software that fixed the channel changing hang.

0 Likes
KenEhrsam
Enthusiast - Level 3

any chance to look at this?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Im a bit confused. You said the reboot fixed it. What specific issue do you have lingering? What has been tried to fix it? If a fix does work, how long does it last? Is this happening on all boxes or just a certain one?

0 Likes