Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Record Live TV

Drewsef
Contributor
Contributor

Record Live TV

Message 1 of 17
(2,007 Views)

When watching live TV, I used to be able to press "Record", and the DVR box would save the past recording for that program, if it was available.  

Now, when watching live TV, if I press "Record", all the past recording is lost, and the recording starts from the moment I pressed "Record".  

For example: I'm watching some football game.  I could just press "Rewind" and go back as far as the DVR remembers.  But I decide I would like to record and save that past recording instead, so I press "Record".  That used to work.  Now, when I press "Record", the DVR loses all the past recording.

Was this an intentional change?  Is there any setting I can modify to go back to the old way?  If not, do you have any intention of going back to the old way, or at least making it an option?

16 REPLIES 16
Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Record Live TV

Message 2 of 17
(1,946 Views)

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your recordings. I have just tested it and I was able to record a bit back from when I pressed the record button. To try to fix this, please press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Please let us know if further assistance is required.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Drewsef
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 17
(1,909 Views)

Thanks for replying.  I tried again (recording the program I was watching live).  Anything before the moment I pressed record is still lost.

I tried your suggestion and got:

Error

Data currently not available.

Please try again later.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus

Message 4 of 17
(1,855 Views)

So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus

Message 5 of 17
(1,790 Views)

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

Anthony_VZ

KenEhrsam
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 17
(1,760 Views)

I am having the same issue on a 7232.  Has there been any further investigation of this issue?

Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus

Message 7 of 17
(1,722 Views)

@KenEhrsam wrote:

I am having the same issue on a 7232.  Has there been any further investigation of this issue?

Have you tried the autocorrect to address this problem?

Anthony_VZ

KenEhrsam
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 8 of 17
(1,680 Views)

I have run the autocorrect and the problem goes away for a while.

There is also an issue that if you try to record shows that are usually more than a week in the future causes the dvr to reboot.  The reboot seems to clear the issue.  This issue first surfaced with IMG 1.9 and went away with IMG 1.9.1.  The issue has resurfaced with the latest IMG software that fixed the channel changing hang.

KenEhrsam
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 9 of 17
(1,612 Views)

any chance to look at this?

Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus

Message 10 of 17
(1,570 Views)

Im a bit confused. You said the reboot fixed it. What specific issue do you have lingering? What has been tried to fix it? If a fix does work, how long does it last? Is this happening on all boxes or just a certain one?

Anthony_VZ

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title